Search This Blog

Friday 15 May 2015

AN ARTICLE TO 12/12/12


I chose this day 15/05/15 to send you this memo because I feel that the numerical rhyming is a bit systematic. I miss you 12/12/12; I really do. I sat down properly sliding past days, weeks, months and years on my phone’s calendar to check when such a unique day in the continuum of time would occur again. As I perused I discovered that this auspicious day is 88 years yet unborn, it will occur on January 1st , 2101 which would be 01/01/01. A new year day coupled with joy and uniqueness I do not descend from the lineage of Methuselah and God promised just 75 years, coupled with my present age to 75, how do I get to experience you again? I am a sanguine but I like to be factual not hoping against hope. The probability of me seeing you once again at that stage of life is 1:100(clearly impossible). I would not want to bother my children, family and relatives to take care of a weak old man; therefore I shall experience you in heaven.

The 12th seconds, 12th minute, 12th hour of 12th (December) 2012 was the last of its kind, were all numerals in my calendar were the same, I was optimistic. I prepared for that day like the second coming of Christ, I designed a mobile picture to mark the day on my social media pages, observed my daily lengthy siesta on the afternoon of that day, all in preparation. The world time zones are not the same so I became friendlier to my radio and I used BBC Nigeria’s time. I mapped out that at that instance of time I would be standing in front of my hostel door facing North under the brightly shinning moon and make a wish. I discovered that I was not the only numerical minded fellow of the day, other students too were enthusiastic, many boyfriends planned to engage their wife-to-be, engaged couples planned to hold their weddings, expectant parents hoped to deliver their baby all on this day. I was mine minded, so I waited.

That moment! Filled with unseen smiles I concluded my wish at the 12th seconds-12th minute-12th hour of the 12th month-12th year in the 21st century added to that a wishing star flashed, carried my wish and move at the speed of light. I made another wish just after midday because the time arrangement was a di-occurance. My both wishes came to pass as expected and I am a proud beneficiary of that everlasting day’s gift, I hold in strong belief that those who joined me in honouring that day received his/her/their wage(s). My wishes came to pass because I did not take 12-12-12 12:12:12 as a fun fact but as actual as it was. The number 12 has many significant meanings such as the 12 apostles of Jesus Christ, the 12 tribes of Judea, 12 gods of Olympus, most common is the 12 hours on the face of a modern crystal quartz clock in which all activities( good or bad, fruitful or not) takes place. The Mayans prophesied that the 12th would be the ‘end of the world’ but it marked the beginning of blessings.

I thank you '12.' I really appreciate all that you have done, I hope to see your next descendant in 88 years to come which I would probably not see. But I promise that as days, weeks, months, and years run after another, your significance would be passed on into the ears of all generations; alive and yet to be born.

Thank you. Until we see again.

1 comment:

  1. Nice Work. Very logical and well placed. I experienced that day too. It was indeed amazing.

    ReplyDelete